Over the years we have been involved in a wide variety of projects ranging from the creation of bespoke software to support the British Surfing Association in their every day operations through to building and installing Internet of Things (IOT) style sensors in the Eden Project. Good communication and craftsmanship are the cornerstones of our philosophy and work ethic. We take great pride in what we do and strive to exceed the expectations of those we have the privilege of working with.
We have a diverse skill set and so are able to effectively build and make use of a wide range of technology, including:
- Classic database-backed applications to support business, commerce or information handling processes
- Complex data conversion tasks such as importing data from one system into another (including APIs and text-based feeds like CSV)
- Extending existing or legacy systems by integrating satellite parts (e.g. combining separate Excel and Access based systems)
- Responsive websites including development, design and deployment
- Content management systems including Joomla and WordPress
- Full stack development backed by years of experience
- Mobile apps for Android, iOS and other devices
- Functional programming, with a focus on Clojure (including clojure.spec and Datomic)
- Many years of object-orientated programming (OOP) across a wide range of platforms
- Experience with Extreme Programming (XP) techniques such as test-driven development (TDD)
- Embedded systems development including Aurdino, Microchip and Raspberry Pi
- Desktop software and whatever else you can dream of
We are happy to supplement and work alongside existing teams (in-house or otherwise) including development, management of teams and tasks and liaising with third parties. This can be a great way to extend the capabilities of your team without expensive investment in training that would only be necessary to tackle the tasks immediately facing you. We can supply full source code as needed and strive to avoid and actively prevent vendor lock-in whenever possible. Full documentation and training can be delivered on any solutions provided so that future development can be brought back in-house with confidence.
We always try and find suitable existing solutions so that we can save time and get you up and running as soon as possible. However, we specialise in bespoke software development and happily build unique solutions from the ground up, tailored to your specific requirements.
A small team with big ideas
We are a small team made up at the core of Ben Whorwood and his canine companion Bailey. Ben likes nothing more than chewing up sticks and running around along the coast path whereas Bailey's happiest when programming.
By being small it means we can't help but be agile. We're able to readily react to change and you are always talking to the actual developer who is doing the work. Good communication is a key focus and we pride ourselves on being able to do so in simple terms no matter the circumstances. We are able to tackle complex problems head on with a no-nonsense approach.
We've built bespoke eCommerce systems from the ground up that have processed millions of pounds of transactions. Being small doesn't mean we don't achieve big.
A little bit about Ben:
A text-centric, self-taught developer with a deep-seated respect, love and gratitude for all things open source.
Fuelled entirely by plants and not too shabby behind a camera.